“Design is not a single object or dimension. Design is messy and complex.”
THE WORLD OF DESIGN TECHNOLOGY
Here is a wonderful gallery for you, full of information to fill your minds with wonder, images to spark your own imaginations and wonder and knowledge about the world of design technology that may make you want to know more so that you too can become an important part of this world. You will be able to read all about recent important happenings and people in this field today, but you will also be able to appreciate the history of the subject and some inspirational people, from a range of backgrounds, who have helped to make it what it is. We hope that as you participate and learn more, you will see and value just how much there is in the world that is truly fantastic and awe-inspiring and that you, one day, might feature on these pages yourselves!
PLACES TO GO & THINGS TO DO
Here, you can find regularly updated information about great places to visit and things to get involved in linked to design technology.
Design Technology - Health and Safety
Design Technology – Health and Safety
Before undertaking any design and technology projects, it is vital you understand how to keep yourself and others safe.
Health and safety is all about using equipment in a safe manner. In Design and Technology some of the equipment – knives, saws and even needles – can be dangerous if not used correctly.
Test your own health and safety knowledge by taking this fun, informative quiz!
1) What must you never do with a sharp object?
- Walk sensibly
- Cut material
2) Why must you be careful with a glue gun?
- They are very expensive
- You could stick the wrong things together
- You can burn yourself
3) When passing a pair of scissors to someone, how do you hold them?
- With the handles facing the person you are passing to
- With the pointed end facing the person you are passing to
- You throw them and hope they can catch
4) When using a sewing needle, you must keep your fingers away from what?
- The material
- The needle point
- The thread
5) Before handling food, you should always do what?
- Eat a small amount
- Wipe your hands on your jumper
- Wash your hands.